In 1278 the villa in Pozzuolo had 72 homes, or about 274 inhabitants, while Laviano counted for about 34 homes or 129 inhabitants, the number was the same up to 1282. Also during this period the church of Santa Maria del Giglio was built. This church was built before the walls of the castle tower of Pozzuolo because it was mentioned before 1276-77.
In 1284 Pozzuolo was subjected to Perugia authorities becoming “The Post" the most important of the territory. Post also meant where riders changed their horses when travelling and could rest.
The first three centuries of the millennium (1000-1300) are unlikely to be peaceful for Pozzuolo and its territory, because of the position and fertility of this land, the country was at the centre of the continuous wars between Perugini, Florence and Siena and the proximity of the city of Perugia, Siena, Cortona, Montepulciano and Chiusi had made it a place crossed by armies resulting in looting, destruction and death. Its inhabitants then decided to ask Perugia to erect a wall, and this was accorded in the fourteenth century by the Perugia prosecutors. Mariotti records Perugia testifies that such work was completed in 1388. There is no trace of these walls today.
Pozzuolo gave birth to famous artists and scientists like, Pierantonio of Nicholas, refined miniaturist of 400, active in Perugia whose illuminated manuscripts are still preserved in the monastery of St. Peter.
In '600 the county was enriched by the Palazzo Moretti which is currently home to a small museum curated by The Association named after Franco Rasetti, illustrious citizen of Pozzuolo, physicist, paleontologist and botanist who was born here 10 August 1901.
Another important citizen born in Pozzuolo in 1912 was Count Teodorico Moretti Costanzi, luminary of theoretical philosophy at the university of Bologna and last owner of the Palace.