The building of the palace bears witness to the changes to these places by noble families who fought long for the possession of the rich area west of the Trasimeno. The Moretti family whose nobility was documented traditionally dating back to the sixteenth century and whose historic home, which handed down the dynasty, was the seventeenth-century "Palazzo Moretti" in Pozzuolo.
The Palace was built by Caesar Antonio Moretti descendant of a family from Perugia the ancient and original nationality Della Pieve Citta, was erected in 1667 but Cesare Moretti who died before completing it. Demonstrating its incompleteness the holes remain, windows closed and shelves without balconies. The palace would be the work of Giovanni Antonio De Rossi, a Borromini student.
In the small but beautiful Noble Chapel preciously preserved is the ancient baptismal font of St. Margaret of Cortona.
The Palace of 1600 provides at its entrance a large exhibition area, currently occupied by the collection of photos of Frederick Scaletti, which provides an important historical image of Pozzuolo and 13 villages of the municipality of Castiglione del Lago. The long entrance (about 30 mt ) is available for conferences, art from local and international artists, book presentations and exhibitions.
Adjacent to the hall is a large room called "Artelegno Miniature" which houses an interesting exhibition linked to some local artists, with reproductions of historic buildings using original tools and techniques. On the first floor there is a collection of plants of the Trasimeno hills with information on their medicinal or medical remedies.
Inside the Palace we are also an exhibition linked to paleontology curated by Mario Morellini, a naturalist. An exhibition organized by the association of F.Rasetti, dedicated to the war events that involved the territory during the two world wars.
Among the characters that have a place in the exhibition, there is also the mother of Rasetti, Adele Galeotti, a highly esteemed painter, who studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence with Maestro Giovanni Fattori, early 1900. Among the exhibits is one dedicated to Enrico Fermi, a friend in the university period Rasetti and collaborator in the years of Via Panisperna.
Giulio Maltese left us useful material, through which you can learn about the life of the Nobel Prize Winner for Physics in 1938 and his great insights and discoveries. Turning to the Noble Room, there is a beautiful painted ceiling, the historical archive with publications, certificates and documents of Franco Rasetti the scientist. Following that there is the room dedicated to the biography of the philosopher Teodorico Moretti Costanzi, the last owner of Palazzo Moretti.
Also on this first floor, is a room dedicated to the history of the Risorgimento of our territory, there are important documents concerning the historical period and are on display in the glass case by the collector Ferdinand Maino.
On the second floor, in the oldest part of the Palace, there are the exhibitions of Contemporary Artists of Umbria, curated by Andrea Baffoni.
There is also the great work of Ezio Mazzieri the technologist & the reconstruction of a "landscape of ancient crafts", where the characters are activated mechanically and give a concrete idea of the jobs in the recent past.